The PostgreSQL installation included in the Qlik Sense June 2017 setup does not include pgAdmin tools.
but you can configure manually.
You could simply install pgAdmin from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/ on your machine (not on server), make adjustments to database connections as per below, connect to the server database from your machine and make adjustments as needed.
Hope this helps!
I want to connect to QSR via pg_admin from another machine which is not working.
My situation is
a) On Qlik Sense Server
- Firewall down (for test purposes)
- QS September 2017 Release installed (with Postgres 9.6)
- pg_dump on server is working (means I know my credentials for postgres user)
b) On the "client"
- Installation of pgAdmin4
- client is in the same network as server (ping possible)
- Tried to create a new server
- Used same credentials to connect, but I always receive an error that the connect is not possible
Now I could manage.
On Qlik Sense Server 2 files in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6 needs to be modified:
In postgresql.conf add following line to listen on external connections
listen_addresses = '*'
In pg_hba.conf add configuration to allow connections for all users (only recommended to set this temporary)
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5
Qlik Sense Repository service needs to be restarted.
After this connection with pg_admin4 was possible.