4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2017 12:02 PM by Philippe BONNIN RSS

VARIABLE ROLLING CALENDAR

Philippe BONNIN

Hi

To explain my issue i created a simple sample ;

I have 2 files with common dates (3 years ) as shownfichiers.png

As you see in highlighted cells, i have to take care of a fiscal calendar beginning on April and ending on March

So i need a rolling calendar in my qlik sense’s app.

I saw several threads about this BUT …

what i need exactly is to create a variable selector in my visualisation so a simple user can change the beginning and end of the rolling year (always 12 month anyway) as he please...

2 goals for the user :

- be able to change between usual year and fiscal year to compare with others users as well

- when i'll duplicate and send my app to a new user, he can easily change the fiscal year without needed me

Anyone to help me ?

PS: i already created autocalendar and i wrote in a previous thread about calendar measure and comparaison between YEAR and Last YEAR

Regards

Philippe

• Re: VARIABLE ROLLING CALENDAR
          Sunny Talwar

Really having trouble figuring out what you are trying to do and what is the final output needed

Philippe BONNIN

Well, i trying again ...

Instead of selecting  year 2016 (beginning January ending December) in the visualisation, i want to be able to select  year 2016 f (f for fiscal) beggining April 2016 ending March 2017.

Of course a tricky script can do it i think (and i hope you tell me wich one ;-), but also, i hope a solution that allows a simple user to choose the beginning and the and of the fiscal year.

For example, i create an app for user 1 who have a fiscal year APRIL to MARCH.

ok, i duplicate the app and send it to user 2 who have a fiscal year JUNE to MAY.

so i want the user 2 to be able to change the Beginning and the End of his Year without editing a script (if possible in acting in field in the visualisation ?)

hope it's let you unterstand ?

regards

Philippe

edmondo tassi

Try with slider object: flag the multiple value option and fix step to 12 (month). You select automatically the range, the user can move the slider and so change the beginning of the period.

Philippe BONNIN

Thank's Edmondo.

if i unterstood yu,  i already did that

if it's only to move in a graph it's ok...

but here i need to create a new year entity (fiscal YEAR)  to be able to create all sort of analysis between 2 fiscal years  ; for example comparative MARGIN in € and % between fiscal YEAR N-1 Vs N Vs GOAL ...

However if i can do that with a slider object , i take ...

regards