Regarding moving form QlikView to Qlik Sense - If the only thing which holds you back is NPrinting i would not worry about moving. If you are not using NPrinig HTML embeded in mail body, from Sep 2017 you should have everything what you need in NPrinting 17. I find it extremly difficult to rebuild QlikView apps in Qlik Sense as i always have to compromise things like: triggers, always one selected value, actions, hide/show, layers etc...
NPrinting itself is not a issue for me. (except exporting XLS Pivot table data which is not supported in Qlik Sense and NPrinting)
Please find my comments under yours points:
1. No reload function – Without a reload function its extremely difficult to create a dependency on the warehouse processes
I agree. And given that we are talking about QlikView/Qlik Sense in NPrinitng 17 i do not expect to see this functionality. instead you can use API to create dependencies/triggers of NPrinting reports.
2. No monthly scheduling option – We can get round this by scheduling multiple single runs but would require extra maintenance
This can be very easly worked out by using conditions in NP 17
3. Unable to process large dashboards
It does not matter if you use NP 16 or 17. It is always good to strip down your source application to minimum for NPrinitng use. read here my comment why i suggest doing this:QVW size limitations with NPrinting 17
On the other hand larg files are still supported, only some options are not. See help document:
Unsupported QlikView documents
Before you create a connection to a QlikView document, ensure that the QlikView document does not use any of the following:
- alternate states
- sheet and document triggers
- Always one selected list box property
Qlik NPrinting cannot modify or remove these options. As a result, Qlik NPrinting may not have access to the enitre dataset of the connected QlikView document during the cache generation process, and while generating reports.QlikView documents that use these features, are not supported by Qlik NPrinting. If you want use QlikView documents with these unsupported features, do the following:
- Create a copy of the QlikView document.
- Remove all alternate states, sheet and document triggers, and the Always one selected list box property from the new QlikView document.
- Use the copied QlikView document for reporting purposes.
4. Unable to pass variables to Qlikview from the scheduler – This is one of the minor issues but requires some redesigning of the processes.
Indeed it is minor issue and there is plenty workarounds: my suggestions are here: Variable filters in NPrinting V17