Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense export to Excel exports dates in text format instead of dates

Hi all,

When I export a table in Qlik Sense to Excel and it contains dates, it is converting all dates into text. So in Excel it is hard to filter on this dates. Is there a way how I can make sure that dates are exported in a date format?

I'm using Qlik Sense server and exporting thorugh the web browser (Chrome).

The dates are shown in the right format, in a date format.

Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

Greetings,

Jörgen

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
silvio_neirotti
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Jörgen,

I've done something similar, but in my case it works well.

In my case I specified in the script the format using a simple Date(MYDATE) as MYDATE; using this, it exports well in the sheet by Excel (in fact Excel can filter correctly by date and Sort Oldest to Newest, not from A to Z as text).

In some older versions of Sense I noted that sometimes it had some difficult to interpret the type of data automatically, so I always prefer to specify it, probably it depends by the source that you use.

Silvio

View solution in original post

2 Replies
silvio_neirotti
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Jörgen,

I've done something similar, but in my case it works well.

In my case I specified in the script the format using a simple Date(MYDATE) as MYDATE; using this, it exports well in the sheet by Excel (in fact Excel can filter correctly by date and Sort Oldest to Newest, not from A to Z as text).

In some older versions of Sense I noted that sometimes it had some difficult to interpret the type of data automatically, so I always prefer to specify it, probably it depends by the source that you use.

Silvio

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is not related to Sense; Try to configure browser or excel.