Hi Team,

I am sending NPrinting reports for four users with filters

Eg:

NAME                                                        FILTER BRANCH

Ajay                                                             Chennai

Vijay                                                            Madurai

Ram                                                            Coimbatore

Kumar                                                         Trichy

My requirement is for user Ram I want to send the report via email with filter coimbatore and another report with out filter (ie all branch data to be send).

How can i send report via email for the user with filter and another report with out filter for the same user.

I am using the filter in the user Adding filter option.

Please Suggest me the possible to be done.

Thanks in Advance.

2 Replies
sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Hemachandran,

The simplest way to do this would be to create a task for each user (create the filters you need) and add the filters required to the tasks.

...Then clone the tasks for each user and remove the filters. Basically you'll need 8 tasks for the example above, one per version of the report.

Thanks,

Sam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with Sam. Another solution to create less tasks could be:

1 - create the users

NAME                                                        FILTER BRANCH

Ajay                                                             Chennai

Vijay                                                            Madurai

Ram                                                            WithoutFilters

Kumar                                                         Trichy

2 - Create a single task with all of them. Ram will receive the report without filter

3 - As suggested by Sam, clone the task, add only Ram as recipient and add to the task the filter Coimbatore. Ram will receive the filtered report.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.