1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 6, 2017 9:33 PM by Juan Moreno RSS

Variable does not seem to update in published app

Juan Moreno

Hi,

I have a variable called "vMaxTimePeriodIdx" in my load script. If from the Data Load Editor, I click "Load Data", this variable gets a new value according the script, and everything works as expected.

However, if I publish the app and I set up a periodic reload, this variable does not seem to update. I have a trace in the load script, so I can see in the log that the variable takes the corresponding new value, but if I put a KPI or any other object in a dashboard it remains with the value previous to the load.

How can the same script behave different in the published app? Any idea on what may be happening? H

Thanks,

Juan

---

TempDWHMaxUpdate:

LOAD MaxUpdateTimestamp15Min;

SQL SELECT max(start_date) as MaxUpdateTimestamp15Min FROM measure_update WHERE period = '15min'; //and start_date >= CURRENT_DATE;

if NoOfRows('TempDWHMaxUpdate') > 0 then

vMaxTimePeriodDate = Date(Timestamp(peek('MaxUpdateTimestamp15Min', 0, TempDWHMaxUpdate)), 'YYYY/MM/DD');   

vMinDWHMaxUpdate = Minute(Timestamp(peek('MaxUpdateTimestamp15Min', 0, TempDWHMaxUpdate)));

if (vMinDWHMaxUpdate >= 0 and vMinDWHMaxUpdate < 15) then

vPeriod = 0;

elseif (vMinDWHMaxUpdate >= 15 and vMinDWHMaxUpdate < 30) then

vPeriod = 1;

elseif (vMinDWHMaxUpdate >= 30 and vMinDWHMaxUpdate < 45) then

vPeriod = 2;

elseif (vMinDWHMaxUpdate >= 45 and vMinDWHMaxUpdate < 60) then

vPeriod = 3;      

end if;

vMaxTimePeriodIdx = Hour(Timestamp(peek('MaxUpdateTimestamp15Min', 0, TempDWHMaxUpdate))) * 4 + vPeriod;

end if;

Drop Table TempDWHMaxUpdate;

TRACE >>> Latest 15 min link update time period index:  $(vMaxTimePeriodIdx);