Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you use a Container object in Qlik Sense

I'm reading about Container object extension in the qlik community and it seems that the container object extension is useful in providing a horizontal scroll bar in qlik apps.  My question is, can the container object extension be used in qlik sense and if it can how do you use it for a straight table?  I really need a horizontal scroll bar in my straight table.  We show 12 - 15 fields in our straight table and need the functionality of a horizontal scroll bar.  The '...' that qlik offers when the data doesn't all fit on the screen is not acceptable to our customers, at this time, and I am tasked with figuring out how to get a horizontal scroll bar in the qlik sense app.  Does it seem to you that this should be a standard function in the qlik apps? 

2 Replies
gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

I have a similar question.  I want to use some field selection boxes in my App, and I want to show the values horizontally instead of vertically. 

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ann,

The extension object can be downloaded from Qlik Branch. There are instructions for use there:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/5925830c89eaeeb085775473

Not sure about the scroll bar though.

Thanks,

Simon