cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reconnection on a report

Hello,

I have a few questions about a reconnection problem.

Since few days, when we navigate on our reports, the message below is displayed: 'Lost connecting server, reconnecting'.

Do you know with this message is displayed?

We have parametered the Timeout to 1800 secondes, and the problem appear before.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Alex

3 Replies
rohitraut
Creator
Creator

Hello Alex,

Lost Connection to Server. Reconnecting

Hope this could help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your response, I will try to update my seetings.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Note that this problem can also be caused by two clients sharing a single license. Unlike Named CALs that can be leased to a maximum of two platforms at the same time (effectively doubling your license), a QlikView license can only be used in a single AccessPoint session at a time.

Imagine that you log into two Windows machines using the same account, and both visit a document in the Access Point at the same time. Whenever one session makes a selection in this document, it will reconnect to the document and throw out the other session that is making use of the same license. The second session - upon accessing the document - will get a Connection Lost message and try to reconnect, thereby closing the first session.

This does not apply when opening two sessions in a single browser or on the same machine.