cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik NPrinting June 2017 Excel Report Issue

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue within an excel report I have generated. In Qlik Sense, I have some tables that have a black background and white text. I wish to transfer these tables into excel. I tried conditionally formatting the excel report but only was able to get the name to turn up white.  (I formatted on all possible table names).

In the value box in the table is a percentage that could vary. I have been researching how to conditionally format if a cell if black to try to fix this, but usually it is the other way around. People usually format on a specific value and if it is xxx then change the background color.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this issue?

Thanks.

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Russel,

When you export a Qlik Sense or QlikView table into an Excel report, Qlik NPrinting does its best effort to keep the original format but it is not always possible. In these cases you can remove the "Keep source format" option of the specific table and then apply Excel formats. If you don't remove the "Keep source format" option your custom format applied into the Excel template are ignored.

I suppose also that you are importing the table into the Excel template as a single tag.

In this case I suggest you to export each column with is own tag so you can apply a specific format to each column.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.