8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2017 5:33 AM by kushal chawda RSS

Fetching only particular characters in field value

Logesh rajan

Hi Guys,

I need your help to fetch only the certain characters from the field value. Let's take i have a Group_Name field with 3 values.

A:

Load * Inline [

Group_Name

Additional Usage: Offer,

Free Product: Offer Free and Free Application Utilities: Category,

My Account: Usage: Application Standard or Deluxe: Sell

];

First Scenario - 'Additional Usage: Offer', I have to fetch only the part of the string i.e before the colon. My result should be 'Additional Usage'. In other words i have to delete the characters after the last colon.

Second Scenario - 'Free Product: Offer Free and Free Application Utilities: Category', My result for this value should be 'Free Product: Offer Free and Free Application Utilities'. In other words i have to delete the characters after the last colon.

I had used SubField(Group_Name,':',1), but it is not fetching the proper results.

Note: Below is the logic used to achieve the expected results in SQL. Could you help me to achieve this in Qlikview

[Group_Name_New] = reverse(substring(reverse(Group_Name) , CHARINDEX ( ':' , reverse(Group_Name))+1 , len(reverse(Group_Name)) - (CHARINDEX ( ':' , reverse(Group_Name))-1))).

Thanks and Regards,

Logesh