1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 14, 2017 1:14 PM by Rick Arora RSS

Security changes based on Specific Group Name - QlikView

Rick Arora

Hi,

I am trying to implement security with 2 levels

1. User logged in has access to specific tabs (this I have figured out in Sheet Access)

2. Users role determines what region and agent information he will see (this I am struggling with)

security:

load     "ACCESS" as ACCESS, NTNAME AS NTNAME ,GROUPNAME, REGION,    AGENT_USERNAME;

select   "ACCESS"  , NTNAME   ,GROUPNAME, REGION,username as AGENT_USERNAME

from QLIKVIEW.VW_QV_SECURITY_ROLES where rnk=1;

Section Application;

SheetAccess:

LOAD * Inline [

SH06,SH02,SupervisorSH, SH03  

1,1,1,1,'CENTRAL ADMINISTRATION'

0,0,1,1,'SUPERVISOR' 

0,1,1,1,'REGION' ,REGION 

0,0,0,1,'AGENT'    ];

The challenges are as follows:  the groupname and regions the users can access are stored in an oracle table, not inline

- when i try to place '*' in the database table it is not read in the security - Qlik thinks the '*' is the name of the region

- some users need to have access based on region and some on agent username and others both - when i try to include both columns it creates a synthetic key with 2 columns

The ideal security should follow this pattern

- central admin should have access to all regions and all agentnames & associated cases

- region should have access to specific region stored in the database and associated agentnames & associated cases

- agent should have access to his agent information only - and associated region & associated cases

- supervisor has access to his agents and the associated regions & associated cases

groupnameregionagentname
      central admin**
      region????
      agent????

supervisor      ??          ??

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Rick