12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2017 5:48 PM by ALEN ARUTYUNYAN RSS

Script issue

ALEN ARUTYUNYAN

Hi Guys, I am trying to determine what's wrong with my script below and any help would be great.  Thanks!  The script below gives you overall percentage change based on "Address Suite"; however, for some reason, it's it only displays accurate results when I select individual "Address Suites" in my dashboard.  When I clear the dashboard, it doesn't populate an accurate average overall % change of lets say 12% it displays more like 26%.  Please note this formula is in a text box object.

To clarify, this formula gives me the average rent expense for the current market.

=num((Avg(Aggr(sum({$<LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease}, Expense = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>} if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount))/(sum(if(LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]))

This formula gives me the average market rate for the current market

num(Avg(Aggr(sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD])

/if([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite])),'$#,##0.00'))

When I divide the two amounts and subtract by 1 to get the percentage change, it displays accurate results based on each market I select; however, I am trying to determine how to give me an overall average % change if I don't select a specific "Address Suite"

=num((Avg(Aggr(sum({$<LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease}, Expense = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>} if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount))/(sum(if(LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]))/num(Avg(Aggr(sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD]) /if([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite])),'$#,##0.00'))-1,'#,#0.%')

• Re: Script issue
          Vishwarath Nagaraju

Did not this work for you?

Here: Scripting error

ALEN ARUTYUNYAN

The one you helped me with worked.  This one is a little different but I can't determine why it's not displaying accurately as an overall %.  Can you please take a look?  Thanks!

Vishwarath Nagaraju

Try this:

= num(

Avg(Aggr(((

Avg(

Aggr(

sum({$< LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease},

Expense           = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>}

if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount)

)/

(sum( if( LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]

)

)/

num(

Avg(

Aggr(

sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD]) /

if ([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite]

)

),'$#,##0.00'

)

)-1), [Address Suite])) , '#,#0.0%')

ALEN ARUTYUNYAN

That didn't seem to display accurate results either.  Maybe if you can help me break it out further that way I can test where it's going wrong.  Can you please review my individual formulas and create 3 separate text box objects?   

The first one will display the overall average current rent expense.  This is what I currently show.  Can you please modify if I am incorrectly writing the overall average formula?

=num(Avg(Aggr((sum({$<LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease}, Expense = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>} if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount)))/(sum(if(LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite])),'$#.##')

The second one will display overall average market rent expense.  This is what I currently show.  Can you please modify if I am incorrectly writing the overall average formula?

=num(Avg(Aggr(sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD])

/if([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite])),'$#,##0.00')

And of course, the third one will display the overall average which you created from the above.

= num(

Avg(Aggr(((

Avg(

Aggr(

sum({$< LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease},

Expense           = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>}

if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount)

)/

(sum( if( LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]

)

)/

num(

Avg(

Aggr(

sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD]) /

if ([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite]

)

),'$#,##0.00'

)

)-1), [Address Suite])) , '#,#0.0%')