Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange behaviour of the Concat function in a chart

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use the CONCAT function to process data.

I've created and XLS file with this test data.

I've created a table graphic Chart like this.

I have 3 dimensions: city, year and Indicator.

So in the context of this dimensions, one Indicator, in a year in a city will have some variables.

In the case of city (Badalona), year (2016), Indicator (Indicador A), there are 3 possible variables (variable AA, variable AB and variable AC).

When I use the CONCAT function, we can see the result is correct. Appear the three variables.

But I want to go further and I would like to use the CONCAT function to create a conditional sentences to process data.

I add the code inside the separator part in the CONCAT function to create the sentences (we can see the column CONDITIONAL SENTENCES).

The problem is when I execute this code using the $ expansion, It take all the possible values in the graph.

It's like no dimensions exists.

I've tried to use simple sentences like "=Concat (variable_value,'+') " and this return "10+20+30", but when I tried to execute this with "=$(=Concat (variable_value,'+')) " it occurs the same, returning "360" that is the sum of the "variable_value" without regard the dimensions.

I don't know if it's a bug or the CONCAT function has some type of use restrictions.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

AFAIK, this is not a bug and is by design that dollar sign expansion is done once per chart instead of once per dimension....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

AFAIK, this is not a bug and is by design that dollar sign expansion is done once per chart instead of once per dimension....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,

So I've to think another way to do it.