2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2017 2:49 AM by ivan julia sanchez RSS

Strange behaviour of the Concat function in a chart

ivan julia sanchez

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use the CONCAT function to process data.

I've created and XLS file with this test data.

I've created a table graphic Chart like this.

I have 3 dimensions: city, year and Indicator.

So in the context of this dimensions, one Indicator, in a year in a city will have some variables.

In the case of city (Badalona), year (2016), Indicator (Indicador A), there are 3 possible variables (variable AA, variable AB and variable AC).

When I use the CONCAT function, we can see the result is correct. Appear the three variables.

But I want to go further and I would like to use the CONCAT function to create a conditional sentences to process data.

I add the code inside the separator part in the CONCAT function to create the sentences (we can see the column CONDITIONAL SENTENCES).

The problem is when I execute this code using the $ expansion, It take all the possible values in the graph.

It's like no dimensions exists.

I've tried to use simple sentences like "=Concat (variable_value,'+') " and this return "10+20+30", but when I tried to execute this with "=$(=Concat (variable_value,'+')) " it occurs the same, returning "360" that is the sum of the "variable_value" without regard the dimensions.

I don't know if it's a bug or the CONCAT function has some type of use restrictions.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.