Qlik DataMarket happily announces the availability of CMS Provider Performance, a new Healthcare Topical package. The 1st of 5 Healthcare topical packages expected over the next 4 months.
The CMS Provider Performance data package will allow healthcare providers in the US to analyze their performance as measured by patient outcomes both physical and psychological. This data increases the transparency of hospital care and helps to establish baselines for quality improvement effort across the US care provider community. Using the data customers will get performance benchmarks for treatment of various illnesses and see how they compare to others in their peer-group, city, state or nationally.
It currently consists of three datasets.
- Readmissions & Deaths shows, in a standardized manner, how the treatments to ailments compare across US hospitals, using data from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The data is updated annually (July)
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program tracks the US Government’s program where payments for services are linked to the quality of hospital care. The data is updated annually.
- Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS), the first patient-reported outcomes measure used in Medicare managed care. Through the HOS, Medicare have gathered reliable and clinically meaningful health status data from the Medicare Advantage program to use in quality improvement activities, pay for performance, program oversight, public reporting, and to improve health.
Today, each U.S. hospital needs to report this information but gets little use of the information in return. Now, using this dataset, customers can ask such questions as:
- How do my readmission rates for CABG compare to in-state hospitals?
- What demographic groups are affected by Hypertension and what's the emotional and physical impact on a patient's accomplishments and activities?
- What's the national readmission rate for those who receive a knee replacement procedure?
Typically this data is hard to find and difficult to integrate into existing data models. However, we curate the data for you and make sure that all diseases and treatments, geo-dimensions and healthcare providers have been identified and that the appropriate unique identifiers have been associated with each. (e.g. Each type of procedure is coded with the HCSPC code (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)).
To get you started quickly, the customers of the CMS Provider Performance data package will also have access to a pre-built application which can be integrated with your own data for unique insights.