I'm pretty new at QLik View and have 'almost' successfully able to load two MYSQL queries, and to JOIN the fields into a single column.
Individually both Queries do what they need to do.
The first thing I did was paste a MYSQL query and save qwv file
Binary [c:\users\brian\documents\porta -billing\vd - voip billing.qvw];
I then created a new query(Being the Master), and did a reconnect on the OBDC DB added another query; below.
I made sure that all the field names from first and second queries are common.
The system picked up all fields and created Synthetic keys for all the DUPLICATED field names.
The issue I have is that one off the fields(probably on how the Table join is done automatically;
unnecessarily truncates (ie create only one value off) off the fields; which should be a data field.
The fields pulled in are:
SUBSCRIPTION (COMMON) *** THIS IS THE ONE THAT APPEARS TO BE TRUNCATING - SEE IN RED RESULT BELOW
COM_PER (COMMON) *** COULD BE BUT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE AT FIRST GLANCE
DATE_ACT (NOT COMMON ONLY IN QUERY 2)
AGAIN INDIVIDUALLY BOTH WORK FINE AND NO TRUNCATING HAPPENS