Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amichai_m
Partner - Contributor III

sheet without data in "page"

hey all,

I'm using NP 17 September connect to QS 3.2 SR4,

I am using "Page" in order to get different sheet for each agent.

i dont have data for all the agents all the time and  its cause that im getting an empty sheets for those agents who have no data

is there any way to make NP to generate only sheets with data and not an empty ones?

thank's

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You added a specific field on the Page node, so Qlik NPrinting is creating a page for each value in the field.

Try instead:

- create a new straight table object in the source app that contains only the values of the field for witch you want to create a worksheet. For example, if you want a worksheet for each salesman but only if the salesman sold you can create a straight table by salesman. When you apply a filter, for example you filter a specific country in the report, the straight table will show only the salesmen who sold in that country

- instead of adding the salesman field in the Page node, add the new straight table (remember to refresh the metadata cache of the connection). This will create a page for each row of the table so a row only for salesman with sales

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
amichai_m
Author

Hey Ruggero,

I not really understand how I get different sheet for each sales man  but only if there is a data if I not using  "page".

the table I create in the NP isn't include field  with the sales man,

it only filter by the sales man.

so, in "page" I can get different sheet, but I don't want to use the original list of the sales man but in a object after I used condition and  set analysis.

thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

difference is:

• if you use field as a page node - it is looping through all values in you field regardles if there is a sales or any other data linked to it
  • as per Ruggero's suggestion if you build a chart and do not show 0 values or nulls then when looping through Page node as a table it will only pick those with values allocated to your dimension.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.