Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II

ODBC and OLE Connections not working in Qlik Sense September 2017

Any ideas why I can no longer see the DSN entries or OLE Drivers for Access since upgrading to Qlik Sense September 2017?

Please see screen shots below. This was working fine in June 2017 release.

DSN Entry Screen Shot:

DSN.png

Qlik ODBC Connection:

QlikODBC.png

Access DB Engine:

AccessDBEngine.png

Qlik OLE connections:

QlikOLE.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Figured this out thanks to the quick help from the Qlik Support team. This was happening because the ODBC and OLE Engines were only installed on the Central Node.

Load balancing was enabled and I was being routed to a RIM node that did not have the ODBC connection or OLE Engines installed.

The solution was to install the ODBC connection or OLE Engines on all nodes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Figured this out thanks to the quick help from the Qlik Support team. This was happening because the ODBC and OLE Engines were only installed on the Central Node.

Load balancing was enabled and I was being routed to a RIM node that did not have the ODBC connection or OLE Engines installed.

The solution was to install the ODBC connection or OLE Engines on all nodes.

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you are trying to connect the SQL server from Qlik, you can select the OLE DB provider for SQL server and use the below connection string.

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Data Source=SQL-ServerName;Initial Catalog=Database-Name;];];]

This connection string doesn't mandate for you to create ODBC connections across multiple nodes.

rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ahmed but actually I was trying to connect to Access with the OLE connector. For SQL Server I use the built in Qlik drivers.