10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2017 3:06 AM by Marcus Sommer RSS

Range above function in load function.

Marko Zadravec

Hi,

I am quite new to Qlik Sense, but I have some interesting problem, that I can't solve and I need your help.

I have a field that every 0.n second save 1 or 0 in database. So my data looks like a very long stream of 1 and 0.

Inside qlik sense I can detect when status has changed from 0 to 1, like this:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and Previous(status) = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

My problem is, that there could be mild "errors", when status would change very quickly from 1 to 0 and back, like this:

[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]. I would like to detect this as only one change. (from 0 to 1)

So, my instinct was to check if previous n values are all zero and current value is 1. I saw that there is ABOVE function, but only for chart analysis, not for script function (load function). How to handle this? I would need something like:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and {sum of previous 20 status values} = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

Even more, the second solution that I am looking for, and I would ask your help for, is to not rely on number of values, but rather on time stamp. So that function would be:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and {sum of all status values from time_stamp to time_stamp-2s} = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

Please help.

• Re: Range above function in load function.
          Marco Wedel

Hi,

one solution might be nested Previous() functions:

QlikCommunity_Thread_277280_Pic1.JPG

table1:
          LOAD id,
              status,
              If(status = 1 and
                  Previous(status)=0 and
                  Previous(Previous(status))=0 and
                  Previous(Previous(Previous(status)))=0 and
                  Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(status))))=0 and
                  Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(status)))))=0,
                  If(status = 0 and
                    Previous(status)=1 and
                    Previous(Previous(status))=1 and
                    Previous(Previous(Previous(status)))=1 and
                    Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(status))))=1 and
                    Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(Previous(status)))))=1, 
                    Alt(Peek(Change),status)
                    )
                  ) as Change;
          LOAD RecNo() as id,
              Round(Rand()) as status
          AutoGenerate 300;

but as your requested function already triggers on even the smallest glitches after a stable status period this is probably not what you really intended ?!?!

hope this helps nevertheless

regards

Marco

Henry Esparza

If(STATUS = '1' and sum({<[TIMESTAMP] = {"<=$(=[TIMESTAMP]))>=$(=[TIMESTAMP]-'0:00:02')"}>}[VALUES])='0',1',0)) as Change

Hope this helps

Marko Zadravec

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your answer, but I didn't understand it fully.

My first comment is, that as it seems to me, you can't use {} , $, in load function. (At least your code, gave me an error at first {.)

My second question is who should this work? Sum all values where timestamp = timestamp >= timestamp - 2s?

I don't understand how would program know which timestamp is which.

Could you explain your solution a little bit further?

Marcus Sommer

I would rather go with something like this to identify the last changes and/or how many changes happened within the last n records:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

if(id = previous(id), rangesum(peek('RowNoID'), 1), 1) as RowNoID,

ceil(peek('RowNoID') / 20) as RowNoIDCluster,

If(status <> Previous(status) = 0, peek('SumChange') + 1, peek('SumChange')) as SumChange,

If(status <> Previous(status), rowno(), peek('LastChange')) as LastChange;

and for grouping them to a certain time-period I would tend to round the timestamp appropriate with something like:

ceil(timestamp, 1/24/60/60)

to round up to full seconds.

It's not tested just some ideas and you will need to extend this kind of logic to a proper sorting and maybe also including some more checkings within the expressions - but I think the general logic will work. More to peek and previous could you find here: Peek() or Previous() ?

- Marcus

Marko Zadravec

Thanks for your answer. I think it would be the right answer.

My new problem is that I can't use your calculated field

(If(id <> Previous(id) and id=1, peek('SumChange') + 1, 0)) as SumChange,

(If(id <> Previous(id), rowno(), peek('LastChange'))) as LastChange,

(If(SumChange=1 and LastChange - Previous(LastChange)>20, 1,0)) as numberOfLifts;

and I get error :

The following error occurred:

Field 'SumChange' not found

Marcus Sommer

SumChange is just created in this load and therefore it couldn't directly accessed but a peek('SumChange') would work whereby in this case you would need to use the expression which creates SumChange and LastChange - this meant:

If(

If(id <> Previous(id) and id=1, peek('SumChange') + 1, 0) =1 and

If(id <> Previous(id), rowno(), peek('LastChange')) - Previous(LastChange)>20,

1,0)) as numberOfLifts

- Marcus