Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qliksense URL accessing issue

Hi,

When  I  am accessing the qliksense url from mobile then it's showing the issue as 'user is not authenticated', but when I am logging the same user on laptop or desktop then its successfully opens and when I am logging another user from laptop/desktop/mobile then it's logging successfully.

In short facing issue with one domain user which is logging at laptop/desktop but not logging at mobile and other domain users are logging at laptop/desktop/mobile.

Now I am confused that where I have to check the issue.

Kindly suggest.

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a thing where some platforms require the domain when logging in (i.e. domain\username) where others require only username.  It should always work if you include the domain.

There is a setting on the Proxy (or virtual proxy) where you can remove the term Windows (I don't have access to a QMC right now) and it will work without the domain in all circumstances.

Steve

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Steave,

Your solution is working, but I have a local user same name as domain user. So when I am logging then its not showing the apps, which should be accessible by domain user. Showing only work & everyone tab (by default access to all users).

Kindly suggest a solution by which I can login with my domain user.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You will either need to fully qualify, by using domain\username or change one of the usernames so that they don't match, I would assume.

Presume that these users have different passwords?  What happens if you put in the domain user password when you have two usernames the same?

If you revoke token rights from the local user, does that work?

Steve

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

For both of the users, password is same and there are no rights to local users, so when I am opening hub through local user its just shows work page blank. At live system, I cannot take risk of changing of password or any type of change, because the local user is the admin user for local services and domain user is used in qlik sense configuration.

I am unable to understand where is the issue (qlik side or domain side).

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To my mind this is an oversight in Sense.  I did wonder what would happen in this scenario when I have set up sites without using the Windows domain prefix.

Can you not simply log on with the domain prefix for that one user?

Alternatively set up a new domain user and move the token across to them.  The existing domain user can still be used for QMC and any other services you use them for?

You could raise something with Qlik support, but I suspect it may come back as working as designed.

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Steve,

Please tell me the example how to login with domain prefix.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to put the username in as domainname\username, or machinename\username to distinguish between the two users.

Where there are not the same usernames between two different user directories then the prefix is not required, but for this one user it could be a a way around the issue.

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I searched for the above-mentioned issue. When I am logging with VIRTUAL PROXY setting 'Windows' then its logging properly (format: domainname\username), after changing the virtual proxy setting from windows to Forms then its showing error only for the admin user.

Below is the screenshot of the error:

Error.PNG