2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2017 3:37 PM by Sunny Talwar RSS

Issue linking tables

Pierre Chazel

Good morning,

I work with QlikSense Cloud, and I have issues linking two tables.

My company has 2 brands A and B, with products in a Market splited in 2 Segments X & Y.

I linked a table Products (with the volume of my company), with a table Market (total volume of the Market per Segment), with the Key [Segment]

My issue is that Brnd B has product in only one section of the market, segment Y.

=>Hence, if I calculate market Share [Volume] / [Market], QlikSense only take into account the market Segment Y, and not the sum of the Market X+Y.

Is there a solution? Given I want as well to be able to calculate the Market Share per segment.

Thanks a lot, I tried to be as clear and factual as I could.

Pierre

• Re: Issue linking tables
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Pierre - this was very clear - thanks for that, let me see if one of our resident experts can assist.

gwassenaar or stalwar1 - do you have any advice for Pierre?

Thank you.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

• Re: Issue linking tables
            Sunny Talwar

How exactly are you calculating the Sum of Market? May be you need to add TOTAL qualifier to do this?

What does the TOTAL qualifier do?