Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shilina_klara
Contributor III
Contributor III

average month chart

Hello! Sorry for my English

Faced such a problem:

I need to count the average number of employees of the company for each month. In Excel, it looks like this:

JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril
Active population1000200030004000
The formula is =  AVG (Sum of Active strength in JANUARY, Sum of Active strength in FEBRUARY) = AVG (AVG (Amount in JANUARY, Sum in FEBRUARY), AVG (Sum in FEBRUARY, Amount in MARCH))= AVG (AVG (Sum in FEBRUARY , Amount in MARCH), AVG (Amount in April, Amount in APR)) = AVG (AVG (Amount in March, Amount in APR), AVG (Amount in APR, Amount in MAY))
SSHAVG (1000,2000) = 1500AVG (AVG (1000,2000), AVG (2000,3000)) = 2000 30003750

And you should get an ordinary histogram for the months with the values ​​of the SSH

Help solve this problem. which formulas just did not try, but he does not even register the amount for the next month

Sum ({$ <Month = {"$ (= Date (AddMonths (Month, 1), 'DD.MM.YYYY'))"}, Symptom = {'PHOT'}}} [Active population])

I will be very grateful!

3 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Клара,

I loaded this into QV:

Data:

LOAD * INLINE [

Month, Active population

January, 1000

February, 2000

March, 3000

April, 4000

];

Then this straight table:

Month SSH
January1500
February2000
March3000
April3500

SSH is the expression:

if(RowNo() =1,0.5*Sum([Active population])+0.5*Below(Sum ([Active population])),

if(RowNo()=NoOfRows(),

0.5*Sum([Active population])+0.5*Above(Sum ([Active population])),

0.5*Sum([Active population])+0.25*Above(Sum ([Active population]))+0.25*Below(Sum ([Active population]))))

My figure for April differs from yours because I don't have the data needed from May. Instead I took the average of March and April population.

Apart from the first and last rows your SSH formula simplifies to 0.25*Prev + 0.5*Current + 0.25* Next.

Kind regards

Andrew

shilina_klara
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

effinty2112

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

The fact is that Active population is considered by placing 1 opposite the employee, if it is suitable by condition:

January     P1     1

January     P2     0

January     P3     1

and so on

February     P1     0

February     P2     1

February     P3     1

and so on

March     P1     1

March     P2     0

and so on

shilina_klara