1) No you should be able to do an upgrade without loosing any functionality. You can safely upgrade the current version and you will save yourself alot of time. An upgrade from 11.20 to 12.10 is basicly a reinstall of the software, but you keep the QVPR database.
2) Yes thwy will work. However there has been some changes to how the sharedfiles are generated and updated. And this only applies to new shared files. If you keep your old shared files they will work as they did befor.
3) Yes. As long as you keep the QVPR database everything will work as befor.
I have done alot of theese upgrades and here are a few notes that i have picked up along the way.
* Sometimes the license PGO files gets corupted during the upgrade. If that happends you need to recreate them from scratch (by stopping the QVS and remove all PGO files and then restart the QVS).
Befor you do your upgrade make sure that you have an XML copy of your caldata.pgo file (this is done by adding PgoAsXmlAlso=1 in the QVS settings file). Please check this Link: PGO to XML conversion to get the list of users in QVS
That way, you can always manually add your licenses to the correct users later if something happends.
* Do a copy of the qliktech folder befor you run the upgrade. Simply stop all services and then make complete copy of the folder c:\programdata\qliktech
* Make sure you reload all your apps after the upgrade. Chases are that you have one or several apps that crash (that didnt crash befor). This is becuase of changes to how applymap errors work i QV12. There are several threads regarding this. Also if you have scripts with the "execute" statement in them. This will fail ats standard i QV12. You can either move this to a supporting task or simply remove it. If you need to have execute in your script, you can lower the security of the QDS by changeing some settings (also in the forums). But this should be avoided if you can.
* Also make a copy of your shared files if they are importent.
Hope this helps
Thanks for your info.
We finally did the update yesterday, from 11.20 SR15 to 12.10 SR8. And test to reload all the dashes, only one dash which developed in 11.20 SR8 causes issues. It eats more memory than before and then crash. But as that dash is already in the plan to be inactivated, so that is not an issue for us by now.
And some update for Nprinting. After update, I also test all the nprinting report with current version we use, Qlikview Nprinting V16 SR3. And all works perfect!!! So in short time, we will stay the the QV 12.10 SR8 + Nprinitng 16 SR3.
Hope the info above can help others.