Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Oracle OLEDB connection hangs

Hi

I have a strange situation with an Oracle based model. When I reload the document the reload hangs on the Oracle connect statement:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxx;Data Source=xxxx;Extended Properties=""]....

I can load the model by entering debug mode and clicking Run. When I do that, the connection works perfectly, but not if I reload by clicking reload or with CTRL-R.

I can also open the SELECT dialog and browse the database without a problem - but we won't be able to deploy this model until this has been resolved.

Tested on 10SSR1 and 10SR2 and after re-installing QV. The computer is running 64bit WIindows Server 2008. We do not have the problem on small models, or on the problem model if it is no-data loaded.

Any ideas?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Independent from the actual stopping-point, might make sense to check in your query the date-format. Observed the same on SQL-queries with the SR2 (with the same script as used before) and execution simply halted without any error-message. Also the log stopped somewhere within the script.

Finally it turned out that we have used a "sloppy" formatting of the dates used in the SQL-Where-clause.

Peter

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Peter

Thanks for the response.

The script stops at the CONNECT statement (verified from the log), so its not even getting to the queries (although I will bear your point in mind for the future)!.

The confusing thing is that it works perfectly in Debug mode.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
prieper
Master II
Master II

In Debug-Mode with "You" as user? Then it might be something with user-rights....

Peter

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Do you have the "Save before reload" option on in User Preferences?

What happens if you turn it off?

Regards,

Stephen

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Thanks all for your suggestions - a faulty disk was replaced on the server (and the server restarted) and the problem has resolved itself!

Regards

Jonathan