Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Wildmatch() is not filtering the data!

Hi,

I am reading data from a qvd and try to filter out the data by using Where Not WildMatch statement like this:

Where NOT WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*')

wildmatch.png

Why do you think this is happening?

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is this the only LOAD statement in your script or are you maybe loading the Type field another time in another LOAD

(like for a key field)?

Could you post the complete statement?

Is this the only filter that fails, I mean does *W0* etc. work ok?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is the only load statement I have as I am checking my script bit by bit:

LOAD

CustNo,

CustGroup,

Order,

Type,

Date,

Time

FROM [lib://Path\Orders.qvd]

(qvd)

Where NOT WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*')

;

Exit Script;

wildmatch2.png

wildmatch3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The WildMatch function will try and find a specified string in a field and return which string it matched onto, rather than a boolean true or false.

In your example, the WildMatch will return 10, as the string '*LLU*' is in the 10th position.

There are two options, you can set it to check where it is null - the IsNull function will return a boolean:

WHERE IsNull(WildMatch(Type, '*W0*', '*W1*', '*W2*', '*W3*', '*W4*', '*W5*', '*W6*', '*WA*', '*WL*', '*LLU*', '*LLX*', '*P0*', '*PG*', '*IPA*', '*IP1*', '*IP2*'))

This should work, as the WildMatch will return NULL when it cannot match any of your strings.

Alternatively (I wouldn't recommend this one as it's evaluating NULLs and values), you can evaluate as a less than:

WHERE WildMatch(Type, '*W0*', '*W1*', '*W2*', '*W3*', '*W4*', '*W5*', '*W6*', '*WA*', '*WL*', '*LLU*', '*LLX*', '*P0*', '*PG*', '*IPA*', '*IP1*', '*IP2*')<1

In which case a no match should be returned (as it will be NULL).

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good point Duncan!

I am running the reload now, once it's done will let you know the result. Thanks

its_anandrjs

Try with this put equal 1 in the expression

Where NOT

WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*') = 1

LOAD

CustNo,

CustGroup,

Order,

Type,

Date,

Time

(qvd)

= 1;

Exit Script;

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Laleh,

Try

Where WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*') >0;

Good luck

Andrew

EDITED

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope!

I've tried all your solutions, none seem to work! ;(

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can't really see why your original solution shouldn't work.

Could you post a sample QVD to look at?

It would be sufficient to show only the type values, so if you don't want to post confidential data, you can store the type field like this by adding the code below your initial LOAD statement:

Export:

LOAD DISTINCT

Type

RESIDENT YourOrdersTable;

STORE Export into [lib://Path\Type.qvd];

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

LOAD

CustNo,

CustGroup,

Order,

Type,

Date,

Time

(qvd)

Where  WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*') =0

;

Learning never stops.