8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2017 10:13 AM by Ruggero Piccoli RSS

Condition for each user (NP Sept. 17)

Danijel Horvat

Hey,

we have a Report in Excel with Data from QlikView.

Now every User who is set as an recipient gets a report -> so far so good.

But the problem ist, when the recipient has no data because there are no informationen for him, he gets a empty report.

I've tested it with conditions, but i can't set this on user base..

Is there a possibility to set a condition for each recipient?

Is Data aviable for User X -> YES -> Send Report to User X

-> NO -> Do not send a Report to User X

Thanks in advance

• Re: Condition for each user (NP Sept. 17)
          Ruggero Piccoli

Hey,

I suggest you to:

- create a QlikView chart that has data only for the users that has data. For example, you can create a straight table with only the salesman who have sales.

- create a condition with a rule that checks if that chart has data. When the task creates the report for a user it will apply user's filters. That user has no data so the chart will be empty, the condition fails and the report will not be generated

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.