Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grand Total not showing the result on Pivot table

I'm new to Qlik sense, I used to calculate the weight of the product based on two condition.

1. If unit of measure is Pcs then the Weight = Unit.Wt*Quantity

2. If unit of measure is Kg then the Weight = Quantity.

for this scenario, I used formula as below

if(UNIT='PC',SUM(U.Wt*QTY),If(UNIT='KG',SUM(QTY))). the result seems is Ok for the detail records, but it is not appearing for Grand total and appear as Null value.

Attached the screenshot for your review.

I need to know where is the issue which is not showing the Grand total either from my formula or any short of workaround.

14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In pivot table, you need to write like this

Sum(aggr(your expression, your chart dimension 1, 2..))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear, thanks for your update.

I followed your instruction,but the result shows "Error in Expression". May be I'm not understanding clearly the syntax.

My Expression is below

if(UNIT='PC',SUM(Aggr(U_WT*QTY)),If(UNIT='KG',SUM(Aggr(QTY)))).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks / Best Regards.

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

you need to used set analysis expression

try this

Sum({<UNIT= {'PC'}>}QTY* U.WT) + Sum({<UNIT= {'KG'}>}QTY)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks buddy, its works really. Well done.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post; not visible in preview) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

... and please don't mark your own posts as Helpful (removed).

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I don't find the Flag to Correct Answer, please guide me how to flag it.

In Action - found only "Mark As Helpfull"

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear, the Expression which you provided works perfectly. Thanks for that.

Further I need to calculate the Total Weight for the current Year Sales in order to show in KPI. So I used the below formula to calculate the Weight.

Sum( { $< [CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.InYTD]={1} ,[CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > } [QTY]*U.WT).

Could you please update me the right expression using your suggested expression  Sum({<UNIT= {'PC'}>}QTY* U.WT) + Sum({<UNIT= {'KG'}>}QTY) to calculate the Current Year Sold Kgs.

Thanks

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

guess you mean that the result also depends on "UNIT" and this expression you provided is for "PC" , but you need it also apply for "KG"? maybe like this:

IF(UNIT = "PC",

Sum( { $< [CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.InYTD]={1} ,[CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > } [QTY]*U.WT),

Sum( { $< [CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.InYTD]={1} ,[CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > } [QTY]))

btw , you need click on your question title so that you can find "Correct Answer" button

微信截图_20171031105759.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear, I tried with your formula as below, but I'm getting an expression error "Bad Field name "Kg"". if I change to single quote 'KG', expression is OK, but the value is not matching with the current Year result and showing big amount (67.1M) instead of (18.2M).

IF(UNIT = 'KG',

Sum( { $< [CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.InYTD]={1} ,[CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > }  [CUSTINVOICETRANS.QTY]*FACTOR),

Sum( { $< [CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.InYTD]={1} ,[CUSTINVOICEJOUR.INVOICEDATE.autoCalendar.YearsAgo]={0} > } [CUSTINVOICETRANS.QTY]))

Need to calculate the for Current Year with the condition based on the UNIT.