Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgarciaf106
Creator
Creator

Help!!! With obtaining percentage

Hi,

I need sime help to obtain a percentage based on two data tables that contains 2 common dimensions (Month) 

Here I added some details:

Please find the following attachment with the results of each expression:

1) First Expression using TO_MONTH as Dimension “(count({$<[TO_Employee/CW_Type]={"Regular"},TO_RATE_1_or_2={"Yes"},[TO_Voluntary/Involuntary_Terminations]={"Voluntary"}>}TO_Employee_ID)”

2) Second Expression Using TO_MONTH as Dimension gives me the result correctly but not when a dimension from another table is used“

count({$<HC_Employee\CW_Type={"Regular"},HC_RATE_1_or_2={"Yes"}>} HC_Employee_ID))”

3)Second Expression Using HC_MONTH as Dimension

4)Complete Expression Using TO_MONTH as Dimension “(count({$<[TO_Employee/CW_Type]={"Regular"},TO_RATE_1_or_2={"Yes"},[TO_Voluntary/Involuntary_Terminations]={"Voluntary"}>}TO_Employee_ID)/

count({$<HC_Employee\CW_Type={"Regular"},HC_RATE_1_or_2={"Yes"}>} TOTALHC_Employee_ID))”

5)Expected results from excel sheet I currently have my dashboard

Two dimension

TO_Month

HC_Month

As you can see on the second expression if I use another dimension that is not from the same table it count the entire year results as monthly results, and I need that the complete expressions Use the first expression using TO_Month as dimension and divided in to the second expression using HC_MOnth as dimension in order to

obtain the correct results.

I need to obtain the results show on the last capture. But for that I need the complete expression recognized the dimensions in a proper way.

I need a work around to make this expression work in some sort of way that if a certain expression is used the dimension should look for is X dimension, and with the other expression as well.

Thanks,

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to describe your data model, i.e. how all your fields used in your expressions are related in your model.

If possible, post a small sample application.

rubenmarin

Hi Andres, it's not good for performance but maybe this works:

Count({$<HC_Employee\CW_Type={"Regular"},HC_RATE_1_or_2={"Yes"}>} If(HC_MONTH=TO_MONTH, HC_Employee_ID)))

It would be better to review the model and try to make this work avoiding the use of 'If' inside the 'Count'