3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2017 5:44 AM by Puttemans Johan RSS

External link in chart - multiple possibilities

Puttemans Johan

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to tackle the following :

I have a table (chart type) with information, and for more details. I've put a link in this table that should direct users towards a pdf-document that is opened from the server.

My expression to find the file is the following :

= 'BNX'& '<URL>'&vMapPath&'BNX\'&date(date#(SEND_DATE, 'dd/mm/yyyy'), 'yyyy-mm-dd')&' _ BNX-'&BULL_SHORTNAME&'-'&(if(BULL_VERSION < 10, '0'&BULL_VERSION, BULL_VERSION))&' (INFRABEL).pdf'

An example of the filename is : '2017-10-26 _ BNX-65M-55390-01 (INFRABEL).pdf'

I run into 2 similar problems, that is that at the end, between the brackets, there can be 'INFRABEL', but also 'SNCB_NMBS'. Additionally, the send date may vary with 1 day.

So the above example may be '2017-10-25 _ BNX-65M-55390-01 (SNCB_NMBS).pdf' or 2017-10-25 _ BNX-65M-55390-01 (INFRABEL).pdf' or 2017-10-26 _ BNX-65M-55390-01 (SNCB_NMBS).pdf' as well. The middle will always stay the same.

Is there a way within Qlikview to write the expression in such a way that any of these 4 file will be found on the server and opened in the application (without multiplying the links by 4)?

Thanks in advance,

Johan