4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2017 9:27 AM by Saurabh Parihar RSS

How to provide access to a user with QRS API using RestSharp or HttpClient method?

Saurabh Parihar

I am trying to provide access to users with QRS API call in ASP.Net Web Application using C# I am using Client provided certificates to authorize the request. How to do it. Can anyone explain?
      My code goes something like this.

Program Body:

X509Certificate2 _certificate;

_certificate = new X509Certificate2(@"Qlik Certificate path");

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

var client = new RestClient("https://server_name.domain_name.net");

//client.Authenticator = new HttpBasicAuthenticator(username, password);

var request = new RestRequest("/qrs/user", Method.GET);                           //QRS endpoint for users

request.AddHeader("Xrfkey", "12345678qwertyui");

request.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/json");

X509Certificate2Collection certs = new X509Certificate2Collection();

certs.Add(_certificate);

client.ClientCertificates = certs;

var asyncHandle = client.ExecuteAsync<User>(request, response =>

{ Console.WriteLine(response.Data); });

for response capturing:

public class User

{

public int id { get; set; }

public string userId { get; set; }

public string userDirectory { get; set; }

public string name { get; set; }

public string privileges { get; set; }

}

I have also tried this for showing result:

client.ExecuteAsync(request, response =>

{ Console.WriteLine(response.Content); });

I am calling this function on Button click event.

• Re: How to provide access to a user with QRS API using RestSharp or HttpClient method?
          Øystein Kolsrud

Is it the response deserialization that is the problem? Or is it that you don't get a valid response?

I've added this project to branch for doing rest API calls in C#. It may be of use to you, or at least give an en example of how it can be done.

• Re: How to provide access to a user with QRS API using RestSharp or HttpClient method?
              Saurabh Parihar

I did try with small changes and it worked for me... Thanks for replying. Below is the dummy of what I did there exactly.

X509Certificate2 SenseCert = new X509Certificate2(@"Qlik Certificate path");

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

//Create the HTTP Request and add required headers and content in xrfkey

string xrfkey = "0123456789abcdef";

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("https://server_name.domain_name.net");

request.Method = "GET";

request.Accept = "application/json";

request.Headers.Add("X-Qlik-xrfkey", xrfkey);

// Add the certificate to the request and provide the user to execute as

request.ClientCertificates.Add(SenseCert);

request.Headers.Add("X-Qlik-User", @"UserDirectory=UserDirectoryName;UserId=UserID");

// make the web request and return the content

HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

Stream stream = response.GetResponseStream();

Response.Text = new StreamReader(stream).ReadToEnd();

string jsonString = Response.Text.ToString();

var _Data = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<List<User>>(jsonString);

foreach (User objUser in _Data)

{

Response.Text = objUser.userId + " " + objUser.id + " " + objUser.name + " " + objUser.userDirectory + " " + objUser.schemaPath + " " + objUser.privileges;

}

Response read by this:

public new class User

{

public string id { get; set; }

public string userId { get; set; }

public string userDirectory { get; set; }

public string name { get; set; }

public string privileges { get; set; }

}