Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Range of Daily averages

Hi All,

Here is a fun one. I have a request to generate the min and max values of an average. In other words, they want the range of an average value.  In this particular case we the range of daily averages over N time by X dimension.  Here is an example;

We have an Average daily count (see equation below) , the client wants the min and max values used to get that value. In the table below, client xyz had a daily average count in Sept of 25.45, the lowest day in September was 5 orders placed, the highest day was 45. Likewise in October the lowest was 2 and the highest was 200. 

I tried this

RangeMax(aggr(Sum({$ <>}[Total Count]), distinct [Order Placed Day]))

But I am clearly missing something as this results in nothing but dashes.  Any thoughts from the Hive Mind? Thanks in advance

ClientName         Average daily count               Min Daily count     Max Daily count

xyz

Sept                         25.45                                   5                              45

Oct                           21.256                                   2                              200

abc

Sept

Oct

edf

Sept

Oct

(simplified) Average Daily count =  Sum({$ < >}[Total Count])  / Count({$ <>}distinct [Order Placed Day])

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Min(Aggr(Sum([Total Count]), ClientName, Month))

Max(Aggr(Sum([Total Count]), ClientName, Month))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correction: I am tried this equation

RangeMax(aggr(Sum( [Total Count]),[Order Placed Day]))