3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 12:35 PM by Simon Saugier RSS

Charting a summary dimension with no values

Angus Monro

Hi folks,

I have a table of potential customers, various customer categorisations like country & industry (which are presented in the UI as selectors), and their stage in the relationship-development pipeline (e.g. Identified, Contacted, Presented-to, Negotiating, Won, Lost).

When I graph the number of customers per stage (i.e. chart of Stage -> Count(Customer)), it is possible that a stage might have no customers and therefore QlikView by default omits this stage from the x-axis.  How can I ensure that the stage is still on the axis, even when there is no data for it?

The only way I've found to force this is to introduce artificial records into the data table i.e. something like

LOAD 
           Null() As Customer, 
           Stage
      Inline [Stage
      Identified
      Contacted
      (etc)];

but modified so that a record is produced not only for every Stage, but every combination of Stage, country, industry etc.  This seems very kludgy, though.  Is there a better way?  I've tried playing with the 'Show All Values' and 'Show nulls' checkbox on the dimension page of the chart properties box, to no avail.

Thanks,

Angus.