1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 2, 2017 7:51 AM by Michael Tarallo Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Export Raw Data from Data Manager

daniel melo

Hello Mike!

Thanks Mike/Bill for your response.

Mike, I was asking because the people, at the end, want to export the visualizations to a pdf files and share it, so I was looking for a solution with Qlik Sense Cloud and Nprinting. Then I read this https://community.qlik.com/thread/193240 and I found it is not possible. At the end I think is just matter to educate users to use Data Storytelling. Also I wanted to ask you if there is a way to export the raw data in a flat file other than create a table with all the columns? For example from the data manager?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel M.

• Re: Export Raw Data from Data Manager
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Daniel - I created a new discussion thread from the other post as - I see this as an important question that should be on its own. In regards to the other post - yes, I see - export functionality for users (workgroup members) in Qlik Sense Cloud is coming, I just don't have a time-frame yet.

In regards to exporting raw data directly, that is not possible from the data manager, but I do like the idea - (I will post it in our internal ideation site) .... as a Analytics / DataViz / BI company we always try to improve the way people use data and analytics - but people are creatures of habit and some resist change and like doing things the way they want to - and no experts or suggestions will change their minds - in other words:

Question: "If I give you a great data visualization and analytics platform with all the data ready to go to build your analysis - why in the world are you exporting the raw data to put in another product like Excel - etc.?"

Answer: "Because I want to, and that's what I know am are used to!"

It's been like this for the 20+ years I've been in BI. <Sigh>

Thanks for your question.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik