3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2017 7:13 AM by Rodolfo Souza RSS

R.scriptaggrstr return wrong numbers

Rodolfo Souza

Hi  Qlik  experts,

I'm trying to use R.Scriptaggrstr function to get a concatenations of strings based on numbers which are returns of some R expression.

Each result is fine when it is brought by R.scriptaggr, but when I use R.Scriptaggrstr('paste(exp1,exp2....)') the results of the expressions are wrong. Any idieas of this issue?

thanks in advance

Rodolfo Souza

• Re: R.scriptaggrstr return wrong numbers
          Adam Karolewski

Maybe try R.ScriptAggrExStr and as you pass numbers specify R.ScriptAggrExStr('NN', 'paste(q$exp1,q$exp2....)' ,exp1 as exp1, exp2 as exp2). You indiciate that you take numbers but you want text output.

Also please be more specific - what do you mean "wrong numbers"? What is returned - error or wrong numbers? Qlik can pass data in different order than you assume - it passes in "table" order.

• Re: R.scriptaggrstr return wrong numbers
              Rodolfo Souza

Hi Adam, thanks for your answer, I was attempting to make a text based on two number, for example:

num1 is the result of R.scriptaggr, this step works fine

num2 is the result of R.scriptaggr, this step works fine and works fine too.

When I try R.scriptaggr('paste("some text ",num1Rexpression," some text ",num2Rexpression," some text")', parameters).

the result of this is:    some text num3 some text num4 some text

the characters are OK, but num3 was not the expected num1, either for num2.

On summary: the result of the numeric portion of the result string are not the same as the isolate R.scriptaggr functions

Rodolfo Souza