Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thom0261
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting 16 Excel report slowly generated with simple filter

Hi everybody,

I hope that you could give me something of light in this problem that I have having with a excel report, it's a simple report with a a simple filter. We try to use a filter in recipient to send a excel file by each client or user.

we were create a this filter in the scripot to then import in Nprinting recipients.

LOAD:

numClient,

'numClient={' & numClient& '}<verify>' as Filter,

clientName,

emailClient

From [..\ tes\test\testA.qvd];

we use this table to import the recipients

then we have a other table related with this first table by  numClient like this:

load :

numClient,

numOffice,

amount

From [..\ tes\test\testB.qvd];

we use this table to generate a report with table in excel.

to this point everything is normal and works fine... but when you  execute the task in Nprinting everytime that it apply the filter of recipients have a delay that a minute or more....for each client.... and we do not understand why¿? because the model is simple 2 tables and the related is one simple field.

the final report for each client show one row or 5 row  as maximun...

someone can give us a clue or the explanation why the process is so slow ... in the model when you apply the filter is faster... less than a second....

Thanks in advance for any clue or help that you can give us.

PS: we use Nprinting 16 (16.2.0.0 (SR2))

1 Reply
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Thomas

I had a similar problem importing recipients and filter into Nprinting from a file.

1. Do the 1-5 rows in the report output is what you expect? If not how many records is to be expected?
  2. Are you using Cyclic Fields?
  3. What is the actual content of the field numClient, number format? Do you have an example?
  4. What about an upgrade to the 16 SR8? There are a lot of bugs fixed in the 6 Service Releases between.

BR