Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subexlimited
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikveiw unable to acquire a valid license

I am trying to apply my OEM licenses and getting an error message. Here is a little background - We purchased the license in 2014 and AMC expired in 2015 haven't renewed after that since it was not used much .

I have the license detail'sError.jpg and control number and also attaching a screen shot of the error message.

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Shantam,

Is the OEM license you are attempting to use a QlikView Desktop license or a QlikView Server license? If QlikView Server license, you will not be able to use it to license QlikView Desktop. You would either need to use a QlikView Desktop license or lease a license from the QlikView Server (if this functionality is provisioned within the QlikView Server license). Also, if the license you are using expired in 2015, you will not be use this license to license any version of the software released after the date the license expired.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
subexlimited
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Chip,

Thank You for your help .

We have a starter pack with Server , report distribution and few other licenses. I have tried applying the licenses but Qlik wont except . What are the versions that we should be able to install , our AMC has lapsed since Feb 2015. Do we need to remove the current installation and install the earlier version?

Regards,
Shantam

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ok, so if I understood you correctly, you have a QV Server license?

Note, that as previously stated, you cannot use a QV Server license to license QV Desktop. If you have a QlikView Desktop license, then you should use it to license QV Desktop. If you don't have a QV Desktop license, then you would have to lease a license from QV Server to QV Desktop, provided that license leasing is provisioned in the License Enablement File (LEF).  So, check the LEF for your license and if you see TEST_LICENSE, or LICENSE_LEASE=NO is listed within the LEF. If so, then you won't be able to lease a license.

From what I can tell regarding the release dates of QlikView version 11.20, the latest version you would be able to use is 11.20 SR9, released in November 2014. If you attempt to license any version released after the expiration date of the license, you won't be successful.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Chip,

AFAIK maintenance expiration only applies to upgrades to later major QlikView versions (e.g. QV12) , not to Service Releases.

Can you check this out? Thanks.

Peter