Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto zoom in options for boundary/polygon map in qlik sense

Hi,

I've created one boundary/polygon map in qlik sense using appropriate kml file. However, I'm not seeing any auto zoom in option in "Navigation" section.

I know this option is only available for point map in which lat/long information is mapped with your region.

Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

I guess in Options>Navigation> Auto Zoom on Selection

is available.

Not sure if the zoom would work for Polygon map as it would show a boundary of the location and it doesn't make sense to zoom in unless you have kml for drilling down

District>State>City>Street

Maybe then the zoom would work? For single location with no drill down in KML may not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help Aehman, I have some locations in a very small area of map and I want to zoom in by just clicking on it (basically clicking on that area).

Any idea how to create this view?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Unfortunately the .JS isn't open for Qlik Sense I guess....

Or you could have added the listeners or click function.

Try SVG Map instead but you'd required 2 digit state code to work on that or Google Maps with Markers which require your own API plus Latitude and Longitude.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aehman,

My data is based on Constituency not state so I can't use SVG Map.

Any documentation 2nd solution (Google Maps with Marker) ?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Google Maps - Cluster

The above is for Qlikview but you would find Qlik Sense extension here Qlik Branch

To plot the data points you'd need Latitude and Longitude for the locations. If you don't have your personal API, need to create one in Google thru Developer account (Google Developers)

This API is good in Development only and in PROD you may have to purchase the API.

If you have Zip Codes it can be converted to Lat & Long thru Alteryrx freeware online.

balabhaskarqlik

Did you resolved the issue, post the solution.