0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2017 10:07 AM by richard lewis RSS

QlikView Management Service API: RemoteGetServices not workking

richard lewis

Hello Experts,

I'll start with a quick background. We're upgrading our Qlikview server from 11.2 to 12.10,  and I was planning on using the

QVMSAPI to programmatically move tasks and CALs  from our 11.2 box to our 12.1 box. This will be accomplished by doing a fresh

install of 11.2 , copying the tasks and CALs from the old server to the new server (using the QVMSAPI), and then doing an in-place

upgrade of the new 11.2 box to Qlikview server 12.1. We're aware the QVMSAPI is not supported between different major

versions of Qlikview, hence the in-place upgrade of a fresh install once the tasks and CALS have been migrated over using

the QVMSAPI version 11.

To the above ends, I setup my Visual Studio 2017 environment as outlined in the QMS API documentation (the chm file for

QMS API version 11). Examples from the chm file where I reference the local server work without issue, but any example code

referencing a "remote" method fails. For example, this line of code causes an exception: List<ServiceInfo> remoteServices = apiClient.RemoteGetServices(remoteQMSService.ID, ServiceTypes.All);

Things I've tried in an effort to troubleshoot:

1) Verified the service is running using netstat on the server and resolving the URL of the service in a browser

(when putting in the url, http://qv-testdev:4799/QMS/Service, XML is displayed for the service)

2) If I manually replace "remoteQMSService.ID" with the remote GUID, the call still fails with an exception.

3) Tested that calls that aren't remote work as intended. That is, a call to GetServices works for both the local

server and when explicitly using another server in the call to the apiClient's constructor function.

I've attached a log of the exceptions thrown for reference.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thoughts on alternate ways to migrate tasks during upgrade are welcome too!

Thanks in advance.