cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

importing Publisher tasks with copy QVPR causes cluster node creation

Hello Experts,

My scenario is I have a test (sandbox) environment for testing the process of importing Publisher jobs by copying the QVPR

folder and changing the machine name in the relevant xml files within QVPR.

All appeared going well until a message popped up on the test box saying a cluster node had been created and it prompted for

a key.

My goal is to have my sandbox environment up concurrently with the development box from which I copied the QVPR folder..

I don't want to cluster the two, since the development will be going away shortly as it is version 11.

I am using a evaluation license for the sandbox environment, so I don't understand why a node would be created between

the sandbox and my development box (development box has a completely different license)

Can anyone enlighten?

More background:

1) Evaluation license is an enterprise version (not sure it this is relevant)

2) I followed renaming of machines within XML files and changed the mount line in the config.ini)

3) It doesn't appear like the cluster was created successfully (that is no change on the development box)

Any input appreciated!

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I should be more specific regarding what I'm looking for:

I'm hoping someone can advise on where I went wrong with the process of using a copy of the QVPR folder to import tasks.

My understanding is that if the source and target machines have two different licenses, cluster node creation shouldn't be an issue.

What am I missing?