0 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 12:55 PM by rw.lowry RSS

New to Clickview - Need to display backlog graph

Hello all,

I am new to QlickView and am trying to display a graph based on a backlog of work orders over time. I have an Oracle SQL statement that selects the data  but cannot get the same result from Qlickview.  I really dont grasp the concept of sets and expressions and how to use them properly. I can plot either Created or Completed on seperate graphs over a period of time, but cant figgure how to combine and end up with the proper result set.

Here is what I was trying to do. Any ideas/ suggestions? Is this possible in Qlickview?

Backlog.jpgBacklog 1.jpg

Below is the SQL to select data from Oracle. It displays the backlog for the past 12 months, from this I can generate the graphs above. (I'm not an expert in SQL, its slow but does work). Note I must read the whole data set to compute the opening backlog in the last 12 months.

select * from

(SELECT "Period",

"Created" , "Completed", 
            Sum("Backlog") OVER(order by "Period" RANGE BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW)  AS "Backlog"
      from
      (

select "Period",
      "Created" , "Completed",

"Created" - "Completed" as "Backlog"
      from
      (select
      "Period",
      "Created",
        (Select count(*) from work_orders where to_char("Actual Finish",'YY-MM') = "Period" and "Stat" in('Complete')) as "Completed"
      from (
        select
      to_char( "Created on",'YY-MM') As "Period",
      sum(1) as "Created"
                from work_orders
      group by to_char( sap."Created on",'YY-MM')
      order by   to_char( sap."Created on",'YY-MM')
      )
      ))

) where "Period" >= to_char(sysdate -366,'YY-MM')

Regards,

Robert