Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview SAP connector for BW

Is there a list price for the Qlikview SAP connector for BW? (Europe)

Is it prohibitively expensive?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It is in the "standard SAP connector" package and will cost you approx. 16 K euro's

Good luck

F.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Hi, as Sunil points SAP Connector price 22.5K (+20% support which is obligatory on the first year).

I've worked with many SAP & QlikView customers and I don't believe the price is prohibitively expensive. Specially if you consider how much money any organization running SAP has already put into it to get it to work, how expensive it is to do any kind of report or development that involves SAP consultants and how little they're probably getting information wise from their installation.

You should also consider doing your reports straight out of SAP/R3, you would avoid information being processed twice, first by SAP BW then by QV. Your process will be faster and more flexible.

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

I don't agree with Daniel regarding the price: " I don't believe the price is prohibitively expensive". There's an alternative in the market which is half the price and, speaking from my experience, with a better performance than the QV SAP connector. The product is calles Xtract QV by a German company called Theobald Software. The product has been discussed in other threads here as well.

Not applicable
Author

Hi carneyfm,

i dont't know the price for Europe, but you can look at the overall pricelist here:
http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/pricing

Let me also suggest you an alternative product for the qlikview sap connector with GUI on

http://www.theobald-software.com/en/products/xtractqv.htm

There you will see how seamless the connection between sap & qlikview could be.

Best regards

aadursun

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Alex, the fact that there might be chepear alternatives out there doesn't make QlikView's SAP Connector "prohibitively expensive", it just makes it more expensive than other alternatives.

"prohibitively expensive" will be if it's just too expensive for any company running SAP to buy it, which I don't believe it is the case at all.

Not applicable
Author

Daniel,

yes you're right. but we also should consider, that "an alternative", which gives the same benefits and may be more; and would cost less, could be an keyindicator for the ROI in my starting project.

i think a project manager should always look in new projects for alternatives; this issue is dired by CIOs / project managers.

cheers

aadursun

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

aadursun, I think it's great that there are other alternatives out there, even better if they are cheaper.

Still, there are more things to take into consideration than just price, features, support, how long has that company been in the market, etc.

Not applicable
Author

Daniel,

yes that's right. we should plan all important points into our decision.

price, support, knowledge are important items.

aadursun