Did you check the part about "Migration to a new Machine" on this page: QlikView - Upgrade and Migration ?
There is a more elaborate treatment with various scenarios in QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf (see Chapter 5 - Reloacting QlikView Services). It contains more details than QlikView 11.20 - 12.10 Upgrade Overview but since it only deals with v10-v11, there may be small differences.
I did see this, but was unsure if it applied to versions below 12.10. I'm new to the admin side of Qlik so I was expecting the process to move Qlik server to a new machine to be different than Publisher. Or am I overthinking this and the process outlined in the link above apply to server as well? Thanks for the reply.
Your setup is a bit unusual in that the QMS appears to be running on the QVS machine. If you can move it to the Publisher machine, all stuff that has anything to do with tasks-reloads-schedules and so on will reside on the second server only. Your QVS migration will become extremely simple as it gets lmost all of its data and settings from the QMC and the first round of document distributions. Also, the QVPR will only be needed for the back-end machine.
If you want to know what applies to 12.00 instead of the newer versions (12.10 and 12.20), select 12.00 from the listbox when entering the QlikView on-line help.
Below is one the way to approach,
1) Install qlikview components and connectors accordingly on windows 2016 server.(server A & Server B)
2) If you are using file share in the same server where qlikview components installed then you have to move the whole folder structure from old to new including security settings.
3) Configure the QMC accordingly in new server.
4) Stop QDS servers from old server.
5) If you need to move the QV Tasks also then you can move by using remote management API.