Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahrinshafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Geo Analytics Server Installation

Hello,

I am trying to work on Qlik Geo Analytics Server Installation. When the Qlik GeoAnalytics server attempts to start, this error is written to the system log file: 

The Qlik GeoAnalytics Server service terminated with the following service-specific error: Incorrect function.

I don’t know how to resolve this error. I think there could be a conflict with QlikView because Qlik Access point is already using port 80; however, I tried 3 additional ports 8080, 81, and 52222 and all of them resulted in the same error when I attempted to start the service

Can please anyone help me on the above error?

Thanks,

Shahrin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else encounters this:

I encountered the exact same problem and it seemed to be GeoAnalytics server using the wrong path to the jvm. It's a problem with the commons deamon procrun: Apache commons daemon "Failed creating Java" error - Stack Overflow

I fixed it by opening the Qlik GeoAnalytics Server "Configure Service" from the start menu, going to the 'Java' tab and putting down the proper jvm path ("jdk[version]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll") under 'Java Virtual Machine:' (you have to uncheck 'Use default').

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi, is java 64 bit installed? check with cmd java -version

Check also the QGA server log C:\ProgramData\Qlik GeoAnalytics Server\server3\logs.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else encounters this:

I encountered the exact same problem and it seemed to be GeoAnalytics server using the wrong path to the jvm. It's a problem with the commons deamon procrun: Apache commons daemon "Failed creating Java" error - Stack Overflow

I fixed it by opening the Qlik GeoAnalytics Server "Configure Service" from the start menu, going to the 'Java' tab and putting down the proper jvm path ("jdk[version]\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll") under 'Java Virtual Machine:' (you have to uncheck 'Use default').