15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2017 9:17 AM by Sunny Talwar RSS

FirstSortedValue

Juan Moreno

Hi all,

I have a database with events, each of them with certain properties (status, etc.) and duration.

I want to display the event that matches some properties and has the longest duration without exceeding a limit. I've written the following expression:

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 1)

Nothing is shown. Why?

On a table, I've been able to display an event with is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"} and event_duration=17. So there's definitely something in my DB that should be shown. Do you see any mistake in the expression?

Thanks,

Juan

• Re: FirstSortedValue
          Sunny Talwar

Why do you need FirstSortedValue() function here... may be you need Max()?

Max({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration)

Juan Moreno

Actually Min, yes, that would work. But I have to display next to it the second element that meet the conditions, and then the third, and so on. That's why I need the FirstSortedValue() function.

Sunny Talwar

Not sure I follow this... can you share an example?

Juan Moreno

Sorry Sunny, my bad. You're right about the "Max". But the reason to use FirstSortedValue is that I want to show more than one event.

I have several "gauge" elements on my dashboard, using the following expressions:

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 1)

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 2)

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 3)

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 4)

FirstSortedValue({1<is_planned_event={"0"},event_status_id={"22"}, event_duration={"<200"}>} event_duration,-event_duration, 5)

The objective is to show the 5 events with the longest duration, but that don't exceed the limit (200).

Thanks,

Juan

Andrea Gigliotti

maybe there are more event_duration sharing the same value.