8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2017 7:45 AM by Sunny Talwar RSS

Line chart selection issue

Sofia Vaz

Hi all,

In a line chart, I have 3 lines with this expression:

Count({$<MillAlloc={"x"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)

/(Count({$<MillAlloc={"x"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp))

Where x= ATF , SET or FIG.

I want to see them all when I enter the app, but then I may want to see just MillAlloc=ATF. But I'm can not do it. The other lines doesn't desappear… do you have any idea what can I do?

I cannot use MillAlloc as a 2nd dimension of my chart because I also need to draw a line that will be the average of all MillAllocs..

Thank you!

• Re: Line chart selection issue
          Sunny Talwar

May be check if ATF is selected or not...

If(SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(MillAlloc, '|') & '|', '|ATF|') = 1,

Count({$<MillAlloc={"ATF"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)

/(Count({$<MillAlloc={"ATF"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)))

Do the same for the other two

Sofia Vaz

I understand what you're trying to do but i didn't want to have the selection on a filter pane done when I open he sheet. Instead, I want the chart to display all lines, but to display only the line of the mill selected when I use the filter pane.

Sunny Talwar

I get it, may be this in that case

If(SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & MillAlloc & '|'), '|ATF|') = 1,

Count({$<MillAlloc={"ATF"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)

/(Count({$<MillAlloc={"ATF"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)))

Where GetFieldSelections only show a value when selected, Concat shows value even if you have no selected anything. So when you open your app, and have nothing selected this would work to show the expression

Sofia Vaz

It's working! Thank you very much, Sunny!

Sofia Vaz

Hi Sunny,

Once again, thank you for your help yesterday.

I have a questions and I think you may help me… Before I start using that if expression, my chart was just showing values until de 48 week, as I define here: AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"} and the x axis have the same lenght. After added the if expression, the chart started displaying values only until that week but with the  x axis complete (empty from week 49 to 52). 

Do you have any idea to limit the x axis lenght until vLastAllocWeek? Thank you very much!

Sunny Talwar

Add the same set analysis to the Concat function as well

If(SubStringCount(Concat({$<MillAlloc={"ATF"},AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>} DISTINCT '|' & MillAlloc & '|'), '|ATF|') = 1,