3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2017 2:44 AM by neha shirsath RSS

Trigger data reload

Kathrine Spang

I would like to trigger a reload of the entire script (at least) once per day (preferably more often) so it's not dependent on people using the app or not.

I want the reload o happen automatically so that if people haven't used the app in a while they still don't have to wait for it to load all the old data. I also want the possibility to have the script save things on the first of every month and the easiest way to do this is to set it as a fixed date.

Is this possible and if so how is it done?

• Re: Trigger data reload
          Colin Albert

This is what QlikView Server does!

It will reload your apps in the background and publish then on a website (Access Point) for the users to access.

The reload process is transparent to users and users can access apps via the Access Point whilst reloads are running, and will be able to view the updated data automatically once updated.

The server also creates logs allowing you to review and identify any problems in the reloads.

There are solutions posted here using windows scripts, but the supported method to reload apps regularly is via QlikView Server.