18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2018 11:22 AM by carson walker Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Qlik Sense Cloud Extension - Reload Button

iulian tanasa

Hello,

It is possible to use Extension Reload Button in Qlik Sense Cloud- Business?

If not, what is the alternative to be able to reload (update) the data? Besides the alternative to access "Data load editor". Perhaps, the data reload when I press "refresh" to the page? Or not?

Thank you a lot!

• Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Extension - Reload Button
          Leigh Peiser

Hi Iulian

As far as I'm aware Qlik Sense Cloud does not support Extensions at this stage & this applies to all versions of Qlik Sense Cloud.

You can however:

1. Set Published Apps to reload automatically on a schedule (eg. daily at a certain time) - right click the App in Workspaces and select "Schedule published data refresh"
          2. Run a manual data refresh on Published Apps, - right click the App in Workspaces and select "Refresh published data"

The only option to reload Apps in Workspaces that I've seen so far is to initiate the reload through Data Manager or Data load editor - depending on how you built your App.

There is apparently a "load data button" coming to the edit page of Qlik Sense with the next version, but I'm not sure when this will be.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Leigh

Lucke Hallbergson

The button is already there (Edit mode/Fields/);

reloadbutton.jpg

BR

Lucke

Michael Tarallo

Hello Iulian - you got some great info here - but wanted to clarify - the built-in reload button that is part of the Nov 2017 release is only for those that are in edit mode - it makes it easier to to reload data instead of having to go back to the data manager / script editor screens. A manual reload button via an extension, to be displayed in a publish app, as stated by Leigh, is not available in Qlik Sense Cloud (Business) - however were are certifying a number of extensions for next year - I will inquire to see if the reload button extension will be one of them.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Stefania Santalucia

Hi All,

is it possible to reload an  app  published in a stream "everyone"?

if yes, how?

thanks

Michael Tarallo

Hi Stefania - yes for Qlik Sense Enterprise - no for Qlik Sense Cloud (Basic) - Qlik Sense Cloud Business (requires a subscription) - you could export the app and publish to your own personal stream in Basic (but can only share with up to five users) - let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Mike T
                    Qlik

Stefania Santalucia

Thank you Mike!

I need to load the reload button in Qlik Sense Server.

Is the same functioning as Qlik Sense Cloud?

Thank a lot.

Michael Tarallo

So Qlik Sense Enterprise Server you install on premise or in your own private cloud - that gives you full customization and control of the environment. You can install extensions, access lots of data sources, set security rules etc.task scheduler for reloading data whenever you want etc)

Qlik Sense Cloud - is our own hosted environment - Basic is free - create apps against file data that is uploaded - limited app size and disk space.(no extensions, no user management, manual reload using Data Load Editor or when editing an app)

Qlik Sense Cloud Business is a subscription cost per user - and you have 3 streams you can publish to and limited control on who sees and does what. Controlled schedule refreshes, more data access (Salesforce, Web Connectors, MS SQL, REST, Dropbox, Redshift and a few more)

let me know if you have any other questions

Deepanshu Chamoli

Hello Michael Tarallo

I have a query related to Extension. Is there any update on QLIK Sense Extensions Certification.

Thanks

Regards

DC

Michael Tarallo

Hi Deepanshu - not yet, later this year I am told. I expect to hear something soon at our customer / partner event next week. When this does occur, it will be posted in a community update.

Regards,

Mike T

Fatih SAHIN

I am using Qlik Sense Cloud Business package. How can I create a direct data refresh button without taking the "Edit" mode of the application. Is this possible?

Why do I need to edit the user and take it to the refresh button from the fields?

carson walker

Hi Faith -

You can publish an app to a stream & schedule an automatic refresh of the data for the app - this can be scheduled once per day.

in Cloud Business - there are 3 types of roles

-app Owner (or admin)

-app Editor

-app Viewer

The reload button placed within the app (when the app is being edited ) is designed for the app Owner or app Editor to be able to refresh the data without having to go into the Data Manager or the Data Load Editor and then pushing the refresh button.

app Viewers do not have the capability to refresh the data or access the data load editor.

In QS Enterprise - you do have access to Qlik Sense Extensions - and there are some extensions that allow you to place a reload button (app object) within the app itself for viewers to reload if needed.   But Extensions are not available in Qlik Sense Cloud Business - as stated in the above posts.

Should you be interested in Qlik Sense Enterprise - please email your Account Manager or cloudsuccess@qlik.com with your questions & information and we can get you to the correct person.

Cheers

Carson

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.