4 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2011 5:56 AM by Jason Westwood RSS

Average

Jason Westwood

Hi Folks i have a table setup like below:

Capture.JPG

but my average column doesnt appear to be working. if i create a stats box and select the area LL it gives me the correct average but if i have all my areas selected it doesnt give me my average is there a way of showing the clicked average on the table with out selecting the actual area i hope this makes sense?

thanks all

Jase

• Average
          Peter Rieper

It would be clearer, if you could post an example to see the fields/datastructure in your application:

You may replace the formula behind "Average Reve...." by =COLUMN(3)/COLUMN(1)

which should divide the Revenue by the number of orders.

HTH
          Peter

• Average
              Jason Westwood

Hi Peter,

i was just been thick i think i was able to do it just by adding a column and selecting Avg (Revenue)

i do have a more complex problem though

i want to work out this:

i have the number of orders but i want to put something in place that will show me all Orders upto a Certain Weight

so Orders upto weight 100 - 250

251- 500

501 - 1000

1001+

not sure how i can put this into a table though if anyone has any ideas?

• Average
                  Peter Rieper

You may build a formula with nested IFs, like

IF(Weight < 100, 'Low', IF(Weight < 250, 'Light', IF(Weight <500, 'Medium', IF(Weight < 1000, 'Heavy', 'Super Heavy'))))

I would prefer to have it in the script, same formula:

IF(Weight < 100, 'Low', IF(Weight < 250, 'Light', IF(Weight <500, 'Medium', IF(Weight < 1000, 'Heavy', 'Super Heavy')))) AS WeightCategory

HTH
                  Peter