Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a Parent-Child Relation within a Table?

Hi Everyone,

i am new to qlikview. Can anyone tell me how to get a relation between two fields in one table.  For Ex . i have a Account Table with Account.name field which has list of Hospitals and Prescribers together. i need to seperate these two from Account.Name field and need to have a relation between Hospitals and Prescribers because more than one Prescribers are somehow associated with the hosiptals. But when i select a hospital its only highlighting that particular hosiptal but no prescribers. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample data and what would be your expected output of that data. ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture.JPG

If you look at my field Account.name it has both the hospitals and Prescribers . For Ex Aaron boster is related to Abarca health unspec. I can see that when i run a report in Veeva but when i click on aaron boster only that particular cell value gets highlighted.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You field has combination of both, and when you click on one field in your listbox it will only select that cell value. You have to separate them. Is you Account.Name coming from any SQL source? Or is that field a concatenated field in your SQL Script?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have extracted all the Tables in form of Qvds using Qvd generator and saved to my local database. We dont use SQL . Our Tables are stored in Veeva Database

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Ok. What other fields are you receiving from your Accounts table. While generating your QVD somewhere from your Veeva DB these two are combined, you need to identify or need some information on what is a prescriber and What is a Hospital Name? You need to look into your Veeva DB which is the source for this data.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you upload the data file only from this column?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a field with values 0 and 1 where 0 indicates Hospitals and 1 indicates Accounts. i have seperated them but cant relate each other. Is there any particular field missing is there any particular syntax

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Not sure but maybe in script you can use

pick(wildmatch( Account.Name,'*Health*'),Account.Name) as Provider

This would create a new field which only has wildmatch name as Health

But you have multiple provider who are not just health but Pharmacy, association etc....

If someone could help you with Wildmatch or subfield

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample script your are using or a qvw file?