Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can nprinting 17.3.1 access objects present in QlikSense hidden sheets ?

Hi rpc

I have some objects in Qliksense - that am referring to in my nprinting reports.

We're planning to hide the QlikSense sheets(by means of security rules) in which these objects(developed for nprinting purposes) are present,moving forward as it doesn't make sense to show them to the users who're consuming the dashboard.

Are there any known limitations with QlikSense 3.1.0 hidden sheets and nprinting 17.3.1 currently ? or should we take care to hide the sheets to everybody but the nprinting service account that would talk to the Sense dashboard ?

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

for your easy  work.   you can copy the original qvf and  you can use for  nprinting seperate   

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's my last resort. That involves additional maintenance.

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Did you find any solution without duplicating the app to hide some sheets?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are hiding some sheets from users by security rules you can also keep this sheet visible for NPrinitng service account running an engine service and therefore face no issue at all

I still think that having different app for nprinting is much better solution as very often it requires changes in the data model to support nprinintg template requirements

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw - to answer your question - why don't you just test it?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.