Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III

A USER DOCUMENT APPEARS AFTER RENAMING

Hello,

After renaming a qvw file it appaers again within the users documents as (AQF_SCORECARD.QVW).
u can see the qvw file under USER DOCUMENTS, even the actual file ids in the User folder as (aqf_scorcard.qvw).

Sans titre.gif

So How can i remove it plz from the USER DOCUMENTS
knowing that the number of Doc CALs for the 2 documents == 0
and as u can see at the screenshot !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

Finally i found the original path of my ghost application, when i was checking some configuration in the QMC exactly under : User --> User Management --> Choose a named user --> And see the Documents Tab just in the right side of the screen and there u will find the path to reach almost of the existing documents and even the ghost one.

So like that i could recreate the qvw file in the right place, removing the affected doc call and deleting again the ghost qvw file.

Kind regards!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

A renaming or removing of a qvw within the file-system won't remove any CAL's or tasks on it else you need to do it reverse by removing them at first within the qmc. AFAIK the only way to get access again on this is to rename the file again or to create a dummy one and perform on them your qmc-actions.

- Marcus

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Marcus,

Already i've tried to do the reverse by recreating the qvw file in the original directory, but this doesn't help me to move the AQF_SCORECARD.QVW to the right location.
And i want to notice that on the 2 files i've no doc call's affected

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I had understood your issue right - maybe pcammaert could give another insight.

- Marcus

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thnx Marcus 4 ur help!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're only talking about those two user documents having no Document CALs assigned. But what about the reload tab ("task" in Publisher jargon)? Did you disable the reload tasks as well?

Your ghost document (the bottom one with an all-capitals name) will stay put as an indicator of problems as long as you do not restore the original one. The first one in subfolder QVW is probably not the original one. If you can't remember which one had all the assignments, there are two techniques to recover this information.

• The easy one: obtain a copy of the Server CAL manager. The tool was great for figuring out where the missing Document CALs had gone to. Unfortunately, Qlik decided to remove the community resource page, so you may want to ask David for a copy. See here: Re: CAL / Document Manager
  • The not-so-easy-one: put your QVS in a mode to store .pgo server object content in readable .xml as well. See here for instructions Re: Reading CAL Allocation Details: After configuring and restarting the QVS, look for a file called CalData.pgo.xml, (you may have to do/undo a dummy CAL assignment before the xml copy is created) Open this text file and search for all entries with your document name. One should list CALs assigned to a document copy that isn't there anymore.

If you find the missing instance, restore it, unassign any CALs & disable the reload jobs, and only after that delete the document for good. The ghost document should not reappear.

Good luck,

Peter

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

U r right, sorry I've missed to mention details about reload tasks.

So yeah already i disabled the reload task as u can see on the following screenshot.Capture.PNG

And i sent an email to David to get a copy of the server Cal manager tool, hope he will answer me ASAP.

For the 2nd solution i'll try it next week if i didn't get the tool.

Anyway thnx a lot for ur valuables suggestions.

Season's greetings

Best Regards.

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

Finally i found the original path of my ghost application, when i was checking some configuration in the QMC exactly under : User --> User Management --> Choose a named user --> And see the Documents Tab just in the right side of the screen and there u will find the path to reach almost of the existing documents and even the ghost one.

So like that i could recreate the qvw file in the right place, removing the affected doc call and deleting again the ghost qvw file.

Kind regards!